Everyone has their own preference for searching for their perfect home. That's why we've created this very powerful, flexible Property Search system for you! Look at the various ways you can search from ALL the available MLS Listings of homes for sale in all of northeastern Illinois!!!
- Search by city - Are there numerous cities on your "preferred list" of places to live? You can select multiple cities on our Search by City page to find out what's currently listed for sale in your preferred price range. Notice that when your search results appear, you can sort them in numerous ways...by price, subdivision, city, bedrooms, baths, etc.
- Search by address - If you know the address of a property you'd like to find out more information about, simply use our Search by Address link
- Search by subdivision - Are you watching for homes to show up in a particular neighborhood? All you have to do is choose Search by Subdivision and all the properties listed in that subdivision will show up...provided, that is, the listing office included the name of the subdivision in the appropriate field when they submitted the listing to the MLS.
- Search by MLS number - If you already know the MLS numbers of properties you'd like more information about, simply use our Search by MLS Number page
- Search by School - Are there particular schools that you want your children to attend? Use our convenient Search by School link. You can select by Elementary School, by Middle School, and by High School!
- Search by Map - This is one of my favorite searches! Select our Search by Map to find the listings in a particular geographic area. This is particularly nice to use when you're trying to find properties for sale near work, church, family members, etc. When you use the map search, notice upper left portion of the map's border will show you how many listings there are in your viewable screen's range...and how many are depicted. Move your cursor over the little balloons to see exterior photo and brief information about each of the listings
If there are interior photos in the MLS, you'll see them here. If there are virtual tours in the MLS, you'll see them here as well.
Maybe It's Time for a "Concierge"...
Ever feel like you're looking at more and more listings, but none of them is "THE" one? Jumping from one website to another in hopes of finding that gem that everyone else has overlooked? Likely you've discovered the good news that there are literally thousands of websites designed to make homes available to you online. Unfortunately, that's also the BAD news! Where's the best place to look when you're serious about finding that new home?
What makes your search process even more challenging is that the very sites you're using operate under a wide range of rules. Some, like Realtor.com for example, draw their data from the MLSs themselves. They don't have ALL the listings, but at least the ones they do have are current and their information is as accurate as is available in the MLS. Other sites, even some of the best known home search sites, rely on "user input" to build their listings database. It's not uncommon to find "on the market" listings there that had sold even a year or two ago. A quick look at one such popular site just today revealed about a half dozen homes (out of the 30 that appeared in the search results) that have been off the market for 2 years! It's the old "garbage in / garbage out" phenomenon. Most of those sites do nothing to "police" the data because the more listings they show you (accurate or not) the more you "perceive" that they're the place to go to find your dream home. And still other sites are "syndication" sites. Agents don't publish listings to them directly...they draw their inventory from other sites that agents do post their listings to. In most cases, the agents don't even know where their listings are posted to, so there's no way for them to "update" the listing information. Which of these sites might you be using yourself?
There is another factor that reduces your success in finding the right home. It's very common for buyers to either be too loose or too restrictive in their home search. When your criteria is too broad, you get a huge number of meaningless results. However, if they're too narrow, you filter out several properties that could be ideal.
The Home Search Concierge is specifically designed to avoid both pitfalls. All you need to do is to enter your criteria below. It will then be used to create a manual input directly into the MLS listing service that we agents use (MLSNI - the Multiple Listing Service of Northern Illinois)...so you can be sure that NONE of the listed properties are falling through those proverbial cracks. Shortly after submitting the completed form below, you'll receive an email with your login and passcode, so please be sure to double check your email address to be certain you've typed it correctly. Once that's done you can sit back and relax and watch for your Dream Home to come to you!!!