First Time Home Buyers
Firsts are exciting...sometimes a bit scary...and also filled with emotions you've likely are not accustomed to feeling. And buying that first home is no exception. On the one hand, it's easy to think that, since buying a home is something that people do every single day of the year it can't really be all that complicated, while on the other hand it IS a lot of money. Is it the right house? The right price? The right time?
That's why we created this section...it's just for you! Consider it your Quick Start Guide for searching for and buying your very first home. Some of the topics we'll discuss include:
- Various types of properties, and some of the pros and cons of each
- Types of home loans
- Help in choosing a lender
- Working with a Realtor (or not)
- For Sale by Owner properties
- Short Sales
- Foreclosures (including HUD)
- Components of "the offer" and what to watch out for
- Getting to the closing table
To help get you started, we've created the "Survival Kit for Home Buyers" booklet. We invite you to get your copy by completing the request form below. And stop by often...plenty of new items are being added regularly!